I had a chair that I received when I lived in Richmond, VA. My Medicare paid $22,589.95 for this hydraulic chair, which I did not need. Vendor skating around the system of approval to just get this chair in my door and then began a difficult system of trying to get it to fit for me.

Over the next two years it was tweaked after a rehab there so that only thing left was to remove the hydraulic tilt and leg lifts, move the seat back 8.5 inches so center of gravity was back on to the frame where it belonged and It would be good for me. The seat, headrest, footplate had all been changed to accommodate my medical needs.

I moved back to Mass and my Primary Dr. pushed through the request for Rehab review for removing the hydraulics from the chair giving me back what I needed. (this was done the last week of July 2017). Finally in December Vendor came to get my chair to work on it and returned it to me with reluctance two days later, as the loaner was bad for me. However he did not return my chair but gave me cheap childs chair, that does not fit my larger womans build. By law the original chair remains mine, but he will not return it and the chair he left is agonizing for me to sit in. Visiting nursese came to see if there were anything they could to do help but nothing. This chair constantly beeps with the maintenance triangle going off, his explanation, it is looking for the original seat? I cannot believe he would think I was tht stupid to believe his comments in anyway. This chair does not have any tie downs for transport, but I did get a set back from my original chair but they don't fit this one, so they sit in the box? He also gave me the cushion from the seat of my chair, not sure why, but when pain gets too difficult then I can place it on this set and it does relieve the pain in my back, the sciatica in both legs, lower thoracic, both hips, right knee. It is just a mess. Now I have another rehab tomorrow on this chair, as my insurance has changed, which I am grateful for. But this vendor will not be the vendor chosen to work on a new chair for me.

In conversations with National I have gotten nowhere, I have contacted Medicare and yes they are aware of this company and the suits/scamming, etc. but don't appear to be doing anything to stop it.

I originally had online photos to send but now only have hardcopy since I had to reboot my system with new windows. If requested I could scan and send. However, for your information, because of what I have worked before, I am very retentive of documents, photos, b ills of sails, etc. So if needed I have an entire notebook covering every nuance on my original chair, the expensive chair I got in Virginia and the garbage chair he gave to me now.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wheelchair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Lack of follow through on order, Were suppose to remove hydraulics and return, Scamming, Unreliable.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 04.

Comments